Why Air Time is beneficial to your aerial practice
Air time is the perfect place to come and perfect what you learn in class and here's why.
Have you noticed that when you start learning aerial the lessons go by really, really fast? There's just so much to learn and so much to do right. By the time you've warmed up and done your conditioning, recapped the previous lessons tricks there's barely time to learn the new tricks let alone get them perfected!
This is why we have practice time or AIR TIME as we like to call it. It's the time when you can come in and practice all those moves that you've recently learnt to your hearts content. Here are some of the benefits to doing it.
TEN TOP BENEFITS TO COMING IN TO AIR TIME
1. To go over all the moves that you're having trouble with in your own time.
2. Bust out some conditioning so you'll be stronger for your next aerial class.
3. Work on stretching those areas you really need to work on.
4. Figure moves out on your left side as well - this is essential if you want to get strong on both sides, co-ordinated and keep your body in balance.
5. Skill share more moves with other people in the session.
6. Practice that new routine so you can get it absolutely perfect.
7. Learn how to depend on yourself for training and not just the teacher.
8. Be amongst like minded (awesome) people while you do some training.
9. Put yourself in a positive head space knowing that you've done some useful training to progress your aerial practice.
10. Way more healthy than hitting the pub and probably just as much fun!
So are you feeling inspired to come and see what air time's all about?
HERE'S HOW AIR TIME WORKS:
We have six rigging points available for use - so once you've booked in, one of those will be reserved for you. It's first come first served on the day - so get there early if you want a specific piece of equipment.
There's no teacher present so you need to be self sufficient with your warm ups and cool downs as well as practicing safely on your own.
Please do not try new moves that you are unsure about (as in 'how exactly did that wrap go' or 'was I supposed to put my leg there') on your own. Make sure that you only do new moves with a spotter to help (exactly like you do in class).
Be helpful, friendly and respectful of others who are also in air time. Sharing equipment, helping to spot others, footing the ladder whilst someone is rigging and skill sharing creates a positive, encouraging environment to be amongst.
And we're a massive fan of that!
AIR TIME CLASS PACKS MAKE IT CHEAPER
Meanwhile there are class packs available, meaning that the classes work out cheaper the more you do of them, which you can purchase here.
10 X AIR TIME
£8 PER SESSION
20 X AIR TIME
£5 PER SESSION
So check out the timetable here for available Air Time, persuade a buddy to come with you, or simply rock up and meet other friendly faces there.
Happy training and we look forward to seeing you there.